John Molohan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to update the recommended hardware section for the new site. Can
> you reply here with the make and model of your;
>
>     * TV card - analogue, dvb-t/s/c, atsc

Nova-T USB stick (version 2) - lots of known issues but since latest
firmware + drivers it seems ok for me:

(http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-T-Stick)

>     * Sound card - with output used

On board - stereo out to the TV, s/pdif outout to yamaha surround sound
amp for DVD's
>     * Graphics card - with output used

On board - via CN400 I think, needs the openchrome drivers to allow XVMC
playback or you won't get any sensible output from the machine at all!
(http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Collection+of+contributed+binary+packages).

I use the S-Video output from the motherboard to connect to a Sony Wide
Screen TV (not lcd)
>     * Motherboard

Via SP13000 - slow, but very low power, ideal for under a TV, but won't
do HD :(
Also has noisy fan, not replaced it yet, so if someone else is thinking
of going this route, get one without a fan! they now do ones that are
just as fast but with heatsink only.
>     * Case

Hiper media chassis - uATX only, lots of nice pics here (seriously good
WAF case, but I spray painted the bottom part silver to fit in better
with our all silver tv/amp etc.)

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2005/02/22/hiper_media_chassis/1

Note it needs a slimline DVD drive, but a normal hard disk is fine.

Currently running Fedora 7, latest DVB drivers from the repository built
myself.

I use the MCE2 remote with usb box
(http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_5498.html) which works great
with lirc to control freevo.