Pirlouwi wrote:
> Hi all,
> I would like to build a VCR_CMD string for using with an HVR-1300.
> I want to record analog channels, using the hardware encoder of the
> HVR-1300.
>
> If I do a cat /dev/video1 > test.mpg, I do get a valid mpeg file, so my
> question is: what VCR_CMD command should I use inside freevo to record
> the hardware-encoded mpeg2 stream, knowing that:
> - i want to keep the ability to stop a recording after a defined time
> - i don't want to transcode the mpeg stream in any way, just save it to disk
>
> It should be a little like the following, but I am a little bit lost
> with all those mencoder switches
> # VCR_CMD = (CONF.mencoder + ' ' +
> #            'tv:// ' +                      # New mplayer requires this.
> #            '-tv driver=%s:input=%d' % (TV_DRIVER, TV_INPUT) +
> #            ':norm=%s' % CONF.tv +
> #            ':channel=%(channel)s' +        # Filled in by Freevo
> #            ':chanlist=%s' % CONF.chanlist +
> #            ':width=%d:height=%d' % (TV_REC_SIZE[0], TV_REC_SIZE[1]) +
> #            ':outfmt=%s' % TV_REC_OUTFMT +
> #            ':device=%s' % TV_DEVICE +
> #            VCR_AUDIO +                     # set above
> #            ' -ovc lavc -lavcopts ' +       # Mencoder lavcodec video
> codec
> #            'vcodec=mpeg4' +                # lavcodec mpeg-4
> #            ':vbitrate=1200:' +             # Change lower/higher, bitrate
> #            'keyint=30 ' +                  # Keyframe every 10 secs,
> change?
> #            '-oac mp3lame -lameopts ' +     # Use Lame for MP3
> encoding, must be enabled in mencoder!
> #            'br=128:cbr:mode=3 ' +          # MP3 const. bitrate, 128
> kbit/s
> #            '-ffourcc divx ' +              # Force 'divx' ident,
> better compat.
> #            '-endpos %(seconds)s ' +        # only mencoder uses this
> so do it here.
> #            '-o %(filename)s')         # Filled in by Freevo
>

> I though using mplayer instead of mencoder, because mplayer has a lovely
> "save-stream-to-file" feature, but problem is that I then cannot program
> the end of the record (%(seconds)).
> Any help is welcome.
>
> PS: the best for me would be to use the ivtv plugin, but unfortunatelly,
> my HVR board seems to not be supported by the ivtv driver. I will not
> get live pause with the normal method, but it is a first integration
> step. In a next effort, I will try to adapt the ivtv plugin for my HVR.

I think that you will need to use the copy stream commands of mencoder,
rather than trying to re-encode the video and audio. You should first
try using mencoder or mplayer from the command line to get the arguments
correct.

Another choice may be to use a DVB plug-in, see the wiki for details,
and treat the cards a a DVB device.

HTH
Duncan