Phil Raymond wrote:
> Here's a link to an online article about this subject,
> albeit from a Myth user. The instructions at the end
> for installing the drivers for Ubuntu Feisty and Edgy
> and Fedora Core could probably be edited a  bit to
> suit any other distro. As for configuring for Freevo,
> you'll need the tv.generic.record plug-in, as this
> Hauppauge uses an experimental V4l dvb driver for an
> Empia chipset, not ivtv. For channel selection, I
> think Freevo can get the DTV (ATSC) channels, but I'm
> not sure if it can tune to the
> DTV-non-hd-sub-channels, like 53.2, 53.3, etc. Here's
> the link to that page....
>
> http://lunapark6.com/usb-hdtv-tuner-stick-for-windows-linux-hauppauge-wintv-hvr-950.html?cp=2

Thanks, Phil,

I've been pretty much living by that lunapark6.com web page.  The tuner
itself seems to work, though the downside is that the experimental
drivers completely broke my PVR-USB2 external tuner when I installed them...

It really is this last little detail about channel selection in Freevo
that I am wondering about.  So as it currently stands, Freevo has no
concept of channels with major and minor components?  I have been able
to use the scan application from dvb-utils to get some valid channels
with their associated PIDs, I just don't know how to put that
information in a channel list or feed it through to a relevant tv plugin.

Thanks again,
--Brett