Joe Harris wrote:
> I would like to create a script to loop through my directory names and
> pull in IMDB fxd files and jpg's.  Has anyone worked on something like
> this before?  I  certainly do not want to recreate the wheel.
>
> My real question is:  What is the exact format of the command I need to
> get the information and pull the jpg and create the fxd file?"
>
> i.e.
>
> freevo imdb -g "Kill Bill volume 1"
>
> I can see that the script found it, bur have no idea how to grab the
> information anymore.  On a much earlier version of freevo, I had this
> working, but at the time, I was not skilled enough to generate a script to
> loop through the directories.  At that time I used these params:
>
> freevo imdb ttXXXXXXX folder_name video_file_name
>
> I found that I had to look up the imdb number first.  Any suggestions on
> the exact command to use to gather the info would be greatly appreciated.
> And I would be glad to share when I am done :)

The guess option -g is a bit vague for this type of thing, may be you
should try the search option -s.

If you have the year in the title, ie:
freevo imdb -s "Spider-Man 3 (2007)"
you will get it in one hit, whereas:
freevo imdb -s "Spider-Man 3"
will give you a lot of hits.

Using the imdb web-pages rarely gives you a single hit without the
correct title and the year.

freevo imdb -s "Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003)" is what you needed to search.

HTH
Duncan