Tanja wrote:
> vlad schrieb:
>
>> ps: actually the itv plugin is the same as the vpodcast plugin. ot am i
>> wrong?
>>

> I had the same impression.
>
> The code is different by the way. The parsing of the rss for example.
> For me the itv plugin works a little better, with streams that where unknown
> to the developer. But I
> guess the itv plugin can not handle youtube?
>
> Moreover the approach to playing the actual item is very different, vpodcast
> downloads the pocast
> file to a specific place in your file system whereas itv just plays the
> stream as it comes over the
> internet. Vpodcast is missing a way to delete the downloaded files, by the
> way.
>
> If noone can give me a substantial difference between internet and video
> podcast, I would vote for
> merging the two approaches in one plugin. I even would voluntier to do that!
> They are both great additions to freevo!
>
> Regards
> Tanja
Hi Tanja,

Thanks for the clarification on that, I'd never used the vpodcast plugin
but I've certainly used the new itv plugin. I think merging the
functionality of the two into one plugin definitely makes sense. One
suggestion though if you do go ahead with it - at the moment the itv
plugin appears as a main menu item, could it be moved into the TV
submenu? It would seem to make a lot more sense.

John