Douglas A. Seifert wrote:
> Evan Hisey wrote:
>> Douglas-
>>
>>> I am running freevo rel-1 trunk, revision 10153, from svn and I am
>>> getting a crash in the recordserver whenever it starts making a
>>> scheduled recording.  The show is not recorded and the recordserver is
>>> down until I restart it.
>>>
>> Considering that you are running a total bleeder install I would be
>> asking this one on the developers list. If you know how to handle SVN
>> I would try regressing a few  versions till you find on that works.
>> What version of kaa are you running? The bug looks like it is in the
>> kaa module.
>>
>> 2007-11-22 23:34:03,007 ERROR    error in select
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>  File
>> "/home/doug/freevo/dist/lib/python2.5/site-packages/kaa/notifier/pynotifier/nf_generic.py",
>> line 209, in step
>>    __sockets[ IO_EXCEPT ].keys(), timeout / 1000.0 )
>> error: (4, 'Interrupted system call')
>>
>> Evan
>>

> At the same time I upgraded rel-1 to trunk, I did the same with kaa, so
> therein lies the problem I guess.  I am on trunk of kaa and that is
> possibly not compatible with freevo rel-1.  I will explore around the
> svn repository and see if there is a rel-1 branch of kaa I should rather
> use or roll back kaa until it works again ...

There is no rel-1 branch of kaa as it's new and you need the latest svn
of kaa.

The rel-1 branch is using kaa notifier as the event, timer, etc. We use
kaa.rpc along with Twisted for some of the record server calls.

The rel-1-7 branch uses the old stuff and Twisted

It looks like a bug in the kaa.notifier.

Duncan