Douglas A. Seifert wrote:
> All,
>
> My Hauppauge WinPVR-250 remote stopped working with my freevo install.
> I am at a loss figuring out what is broken about my config or setup.
>
> Freevo version: rel-1, revision 10157 (head of trunk)
>
> irw session shows this when I press a bunch of buttons:
> $ irw
> 00000000000017e1 00 Ch- hauppauge_pvr
> 00000000000017e1 01 Ch- hauppauge_pvr
> 00000000000017e1 00 Ch- hauppauge_pvr
> 00000000000017e1 00 Ch- hauppauge_pvr
> 00000000000017e0 00 Ch+ hauppauge_pvr
> 00000000000017e5 00 Ok hauppauge_pvr
> 00000000000017e5 01 Ok hauppauge_pvr
> 00000000000017e5 00 Ok hauppauge_pvr
> 00000000000017e5 00 Ok hauppauge_pvr
> 00000000000017d1 00 Vol- hauppauge_pvr
> 00000000000017e1 00 Ch- hauppauge_pvr
> 00000000000017e1 01 Ch- hauppauge_pvr
> 00000000000017e1 00 Ch- hauppauge_pvr
> 00000000000017e1 00 Ch- hauppauge_pvr
>
> the freevo daemon.py responds to Back/Exit and starts up the main freevo
> GUI.  When I get into the GUI, however, it does not respond to the
> remote.  Haven't tried the keyboard yet.
>
> local_conf.py and lircrc attached.
>
> Thanks for any ideas, especially how I might debug my pylirc install
> using python in interactive mode ...

You shouldn't have any problem with pylirc, have you also upgraded the
ivtv driver or the kernel? If so then take a look at
http://doc.freevo.org/LircDevInput

One very useful debugging trick, after the irw is:
ircat --config=/etc/freevo/lircrc freevo
Then press the remote's buttons, you will then see the mappings.

Yhe config option is where ever LIRCRC points to by default it is
LIRCRC='/etc/freevo/lircrc'

Don't know of any other reason why it should not work, except if pylirc
is not installed.

Duncan