On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 09:52:53PM +0100, Thomas Kaiser wrote:

> Hello Davide
>
> I tried your live CD, but only the live-failsafe kernel boots. On all others
> get "attempted DOS system call" error.
> I don't have a framebuffer device with the live-failsafe kernel.

Uhm, well, may I ask you some more details about your hardware
configuration? It's still a beta, but I was thinking that it has to
load on almost every system.
By default Piren wants to use the framebuffer with 800x600 resolution,
but there are some HW configurations that are unable to do it.

Maybe you can try to remaster it (there is a guide on piren.org about
customizing the distribution) installing the packages xserver-xorg and
xfonts-base: Piren will use X11 if available, so this can solve that
issue.

--
Davide Lucchesi | First they ignore you, then they laugh at you,