Hi Thorsten,

we were very happy with the data from epgdata during the last year or so.
After asking them by mail, if it is possible to use their data, we got a pin
for free testing.
With that pin it was possible to download the data as xml files from their web
page.
I wrote a xmltv compatible script to download the files and convert the data to
xmltv format,
which can be used with freevo. Moreover Dischi and me included epgdata as a
source for kaa.epg.

You can find the script here:
http://www.ikp.uni-koeln.de/~tanja/freevo/tv_grab_de_epgdata.py

But unfortunately the download page of epgdata is not working anymore since dec
28th (at least not
for us). The web page itself did not change and we did not receive any note
from them, that they
stopped their service or changed the conditions. We did send them a mail a few
days ago, to ask what
is going on, but no answer so far. But that might also be due to the holidays...
Anyway, we hope, it is just a temporary failure.

For now we did some googling and found another possible source: www.tvprog.org
The data is not as extensive as the data from epgdata.com, but it is easy to
get.
It seems to origin from the dvb-t data stream itself and contains good data for
the next
6 days for most of the important German tv channels. Unfortunately it misses
some channels, that we
receive here in Cologne. But for now, it seems the only alternative that is
available to us.

Here is a freevo/xmltv compatible script to download and convert the data:
http://www.ikp.uni-koeln.de/~tanja/freevo/tv_grab_de_tvprog.py

There is also a xmltv grabber for the epg from prisma:
http://sfr.mythwiki.de/index.html
We used that in the past, but then it stopped working and also there are newer
versions now, I had
not luck to get it running again...

 From an older post of yours, I see that you are using dvb-s as tv source. You
wrote, that you used
a patched version of nxtvepg. Is that version working with budget dvd cards,
that do not use the
video4linux api? Where did you get it? You seemed not to be satisfied with that
solution, why?
Another solution would be to use the epg data that is included in the
dvb-stream. Did you have any
experiences in that area?

Regards
Tanja