I've gotten as far as getting Freevo 1.75 to talk to both analog and dvb sides
of my hauppauge hvr 950 usb dongle. My problem is finding and using dvb-utils.
I'm running Freevo on Ubuntu Gutsy, I've also tried using dvbtune, but haven't
had any luck with it either. If anyone has had luck scanning for atsc u.s.
over-the-air channels, please tell me how. I  also have configured the
dvbstreamer plugin for Freevo correctly. I recall reading somewhere on the
Freevo site that this plugin could be used for scanning as well, but I couldn't
find any information on how to do this.If this is possible, I'm guessing this
would be the best way to scan.Finally, if anyone could post a copy their
local_conf.py for atsc tv channels, that would be a big help too.

Be a better friend, newshound, and