On Saturday 12 January 2008 12:16, Tanja wrote:
> Hi Thorsten,
>
> I also found that infosatepg. But that programm is only usable with dvb-s
> and I am using dvb-t. On dvb-t the technisat data is send in the arte
> videotext, unfortunately I do not know, how to get the data and I am not
> that good a developer that I would have hope to write something by myself.
>
> I even send a mail to technisat to ask if it is possible to get this data
> somehow with a linux PC. The answer was friendly, but nevertheless: "no
> support for Linux".
>
>  From the original mail from technisat:
> "Leider können wir Ihnen bezüglich Ihrer Anfrage keinerlei Tipps geben, da
> Linux von uns nicht supportet wird. Die SFI Daten werden als Datenstream
> über einen speziellen Datentransponder gesendet. Somit gibt es leider auch
> keine xml Datei o.Ä. zum einpflegen."
>
> If you are using dvb-s, this data will possible be a good solution and
> if you find a way to use it with dvb-t, please let me know!
>
> Regards
> Tanja

Hi Tanja,

I don't really know about DVB-T and you also mentioned that you do not have a
full featured card, but maybe we could give it a try like this:

1. install/ compile or whatever infosatepg
2. create some directory to put the data in
3. use szap or something like this to tune the arte transponder
4. start infsatepg like...
        ./infosatepg -o <data-directory>
5. Wait...

After a few seconds, you should see a picture like this

Received   21 of 1575 data blocks [  1.33%]
1 DAY 01.02  [ 21/475]
___6#~______________________________________________________
2 DAY 02.02  [---/380]  ________________________________________________
3 DAY 03.02  [---/320]  ________________________________________
4 DAY 04.02  [---/100]  _____________
5 DAY 05.02  [---/100]  _____________
6 DAY 06.02  [---/100]  _____________
7 DAY 07.02  [---/100]  _____________

...the lines filling with # over the time.

If this should not work, the epg might be on a different pid. In this case, we
might come somewhere with a pidscan: Tune into the arte transponder and use
dvbsnoop with...
        dvbsnoop -s pidscan
This will need a while to finish, but it should create all the pids in the
arte transponder. The lines we're looking for look something like this:
        PID found: 1809 (0x0711)  [SECTION: DSM-CC - private data section  //
DVB
datagram]
...only that it probably is not pid 1809. Take the pid in that line, open
main.cpp in the source of infosatepg and find the line
        int pid=1809;
Change the pid to the one from the pidscan and try again...

I must confess that I really don't know if it works. I just assume that the
data format is the same for DVB-S and DVB-T and that we just need to find the
correct stream...

Regards,
        Thorsten