Geert Geurts said the following, on 04/02/2008 11:23:
> Hello,
> I'm using listen.py www.listen-project.org as a mediacentre and whould
> like to switch to freevo. Except the music playing interface of listen
> is much better I think. Does anybody know if there already is a listen
> plugin  for freevo? If so where can I find it? if not how much work is
> it going to be to write a plugn so I can use listen inside freevo to
> play music? and what should I do? where can I find documentation about
> writing plugins for freevo?

Looking at the features of Listen it seems that the main difference
between Freevo and Listen as far as audio is concerned it the
presentation of the data. Freevo is designed to be viewed on a TV where
as Listen is for a PC. Freevo already has lastfm, audioscrobble and
amazon plug-ins.

As for writing plug-ins there is some information in the HTML
documentation and the rest is looking at existing plug-ins. The plug-ins
are not large so it's not difficult to figure out what the key bits are.

Duncan