Hi guys... been a while. I've had to catch up with the list!

I'm running SVN build 10312 (at least that's what the freevo_conf says, is
there a way to be totally sure?) and it's been running like a total champ.
Recording my shows, playing streamed audio and local audio over the LAN. Great
stuff.

I've just run into a problem with special characters since I moved from 1.7.3
to SVN.

To recap the main points:

Streamed song titles with an apostrophe/single-quote in them are truncated.
"Don't Fear the Reaper" becomes "Don". I looked at the code in the mplayer.py
audio plugin that handles decoding the ICY information. It looks for a
single-quote to find the end of the field, so that would explain why it's
finding the apostrophe and thinking that's the end. However, I checked the
plugin back in 1.7.3 and it's the exact same code! But I never had this problem
before. I can only assume the apostrophe should be escaped, but that isn't
happening.

At least one of my data DVDs full of AVIs is not accessable because of spaces
in the folder name. Again, this was not an issue in 1.7.3. I started watching
the series, and now I can't finish it (oh the suspense!). More recently I
noticed that manually making thumbnails seemed to be failing for the same
reason (spaces in the path), although the auto-generated thumbnails from the
recordserver always work. I can investigate these problems further.

Most recently, the file-info box that pops up on the web interface has been
hanging because of TV shows with apostrophes in the episode name. It took me a
while to figure that one out, but now I'm sure of it. This is a bit annoying,
because without that box, you can't get the option to record the show or make
it a favorite. Note that apostrophes in the plot summary don't cause the same
problem.

So I'd mentioned this before (I forget on which list, though), but I can't
believe that other people would be having this problem without bringing it to
the list, and I've noticed no complaints. So... is this me? Can anyone think of
something in my Linux setup that might be causing characters to not be escaped?
I may try going back to 1.7.3 temporarily just to see if it still works, or if
it exhibits similar behavior.

Thanks for any help you can offer. It's an annoyance and aggravation, but don't
keep Freevo from doing it's daily work.

James