Meneer Janssen wrote:
> Duncan wrote:
>> Meneer Janssen wrote:
>>> Dear Freevo users,
>>>
>>> In Freevo 1.7.6.1 I look at my pictures in the following way: I choose:
>>>
>>>  "Look at pictures --> Browse to directory --> type E on the keyboard -->
>>> Play all files in directory"
>>>
>>> Then I get a nice slide show of my pictures. In /etc/freevo/local_conf.py I
>>> see that one may choose from the following ways to view the slide show:
>>>
>>> # None: no blending
>>> # -1    random effect
>>> #  0    alpha blending
>>> #  1    wipe effect
>>> IMAGEVIEWER_BLEND_MODE = 0
>>>
>>> When I set "IMAGEVIEWER_BLEND_MODE = -1" then I get alpha blend and wipe
>>> effects at random. However, when I set it to 0 (=  alpha blending) I get no
>>> effect at all, just a slideshow. I want only the alpha blending effect when
>>> I view my photo's (which does work in the 'random effect' mode).
>>>
>>> Is this a bug in Freevo 1.7.6.1 or am I doing something wrong here?
>> You are quite correct it is a bug in Freevo that is now fixed in svn.
>>
>> Duncan
> Thank you for the info. :)
> I would like to upgrade my Freevo version 1.7.6.1 to SVN then.
> Do I only have to backup the following files if I do not want to completely
> reconfigure Freevo? The files:
> /etc/freevo/freevo.conf
> /etc/freevo/local_conf.py
> /home/your_name/.freevo/freevo.conf

This overrides /etc/freevo/freevo.conf for user your_name but not for
other users.

> /home/your_name/.xmltv/tv_grab_nl_py.conf
> /home/your_name/.tvtime/*.*

AFAIK Nothing to do with freevo directly.

> /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/tv/freq.py
> Or do I risk instability if I copy those Freevo 1.7.6.1 files into the SVN
> version?

All you need to do is:
cp -avx ~/.freevo ~/.freevo-1.7.6.1
cp -avx /etc/freevo /etc/freevo-1.7.6.1

you may need to copy /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/tv/freq.py
if it is been changed by yourself.

It's not a bad idea to copy the static data that is in /var/lib/freevo.

Then freevo will use your existing files and you have a back-up if
anything goes wrong.

HTH
Duncan