Duncan Webb wrote:
> When you run with --fs freevo starts a new xserver without a window manager.
>
> Really we need you XINE and MIXER settings from you local_conf.py to be
> able to help more.
>
> Duncan

Ah ha,

Right that would explain it, the new X session probably means total lack
of access to the sound server which will already be being used by the
existing desktop.

Hmm..

I'll poke some more and see, I didn't realise that -fs made it start a
new X session. I'll poke around with the xine settings and see if I can
figure out what is going wrong - that piece of information is going to
be very helpful :D