On Mon, 17 Mar 2008, Ludovic Holler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently on a school projet. We have to create a media centre
> solution including TV, Internet browser, IP phone...
> So I have chosen to install Freevo on Ubuntu (I have to say that I am a
> beginner in linux distribution !)
>
> I finally achieved to install Frevvo but now I just can't run. When I click
> on the freevo icon nothing happen.
>
> It would be very kind of you, if you could help me to solve this problem.
>
> Thansk a lot in advance
>
> Best Regards
>
> (Sorry for my english, my mother tongue is french !)

I made some notes when I last installed Freevo, which I haven't yet compared
with the wiki and edited the wiki.

*****
Install Freevo
from sourceforge
kaa-base
kaa-imlib
kaa-metadata
freevo

as I tried to install Freevo
I had to install the following
pyxml
beautifulsoup
twisted2.4
twisted zopeinterface
twisted pyopenssl
twisted-web
elementtree.
***********

now it is installed but 'nothing will happen'

freevo setup --geometry=800x600 --display=x11 --tv=pal --chanlist=australia
will write freevo.conf
*************
now edit the config file and save in the home directory
find / -name freevo_config.py
and I found two copies
/usr/share/freevo/freevo_config.py
/home/liz/Desktop/freevo_downloads/freevo-1.8.0rc2/freevo_config.py

if using 1.8.0rc2 I have found that this line needs to go in
CONFIG_VERSION = 5.22

save to ~/.freevo/local_conf.py
***************

now you should be able to start freevo.
As Andrew said
start from a command line so you can see the error messages.

Of course there will be more that doesn't work
Keep us informed
Write back
Include which Freevo version and which Ubuntu version
check doc.freevo.org too

Liz