On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 06:31:19AM -0400, Partha Bagchi wrote:
> I have a similar issue though not with vdr_xine but with xine. After I
> finish playing a movie and hit q to quit, the control is returned to
> freevo. However, the screen is black.

I have seen this behaviour with the freevoscreensaver plugin.
After quiting the screensaver the screen was black.

I added a sleep time of one second in the plugin shutdown function
and after that it seems to work well.

        time.sleep(1)
        self.osd.update()

I think that the problem could be that Freevo calls to update the Freevo
window before the window of the external application gets killed and
then Pygame or X do not update the Freevo window because as the
app window is hiding the Freevo window no one will see that blitting operation.

Freevo appears then with the black screen and the screen, or parts of
it, is drawed when a new event is received.