Hello,

I got some problems with youtube videos.
I am using freevo 1.7.8.

I am using the youtube plugin and added this to my local_conf.py
--snip--
plugin.activate('video.youtube')
# Where you will save thumbnail images and videos
YOUTUBE_DIR = "/freevo/youtube"
#  youtube-dl program
YOUTUBE_DL =  "/usr/local/bin/youtube-dl"
YOUTUBE_VIDEOS = [
  ("Lions", "Lions Videos"),
  ("Battle at Kruger","Battle"),
  ("Lion zebra","Lion and Zebra"),
]
--snap--
When I go to the youtube menu entry, I can search for videos. I get the
list of the videos displayed. With all text and a preview image. When I
hit the buttonRight it starts downloading the video. The video is also
downloaded to the defined directory.

When the downloading is done, the video is not displayed but i get the
following error in the log:

--snip--
2008-06-24 21:31:56,885 INFO     metadata (18, 18, 180, 0, 0, 0, 0L)
2008-06-24 21:31:56,886 INFO     unknown code: 3. Stop metadata parser
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/freevo/main.py", line 283, in
eventhandler
   app.eventhandler(event)
 File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/freevo/menu.py", line 730, in
eventhandler
   action(arg=arg, menuw=self)
 File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/freevo/menu.py", line 92, in select
   self.function(arg=self.arg, menuw=menuw)
 File
"/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/freevo/video/plugins/youtube.py", line
203, in downloadvideo
   playvideo2.player = self.player
AttributeError: YoutubeVideo instance has no attribute 'player'
--snap--

Hm. The youtube instace does not know which player to use? Am I missing
some configuration?

When I put the shockwave video to some of my video directories and add
the .flv extension to
VIDEO_MPLAYER_SUFFIX, freevo tells me, that no player program was found
for this entry.

On my system mplayer can play this video. A quick tests
mplayer -vo dfbmga:crtc2:spic:noinput:bes:tvnorm=pal LU8DDYz68kM.flv
assures that.

Any hints?

Kind regards
Cornelius

--
Diese Nachricht wurde auf Viren und andere gefährliche Inhalte untersucht
und ist - aktuelle Virenscanner vorausgesetzt - sauber.