Duncan Webb wrote:
> Ondrej Pacovsky wrote:
>
>> hey!
>>
>> I have a question regarding the imdb plugin for 1.8.1. Is is supposed to
>> be working? Out of the box? (after plugin activation, of course) ?
>>
>> I basically found out that the plugin does not work on my default
>> debian 1.8.1 install, so I began hacking it a little and got some
>> progress, it just appeared from the docs that it should be "just working" ?

Duncan, thanks for the quick reply!
> Yes it should just work, no configuration necessary.

from http://doc.freevo.org/MoviePlugins/IMDBPlugin:
To use this plugin, select a movie press 'e' or 'enter' button on the
remote and you will see an option to search info about this movie for
the selected movie. A active internet conection is required of course.

So I do, press 'e' on the movie dir when selecting a movie, but the imdb
action does not appear on the list. When I looked for the cause, seems
like "[]" is returned for the item in the "action" function (probably
because  self.imdb_get_disc_searchstring returns nothing). But when I
disabled these checks and returned :
    return [ ( self.imdb_search , _(' IMDB for [%s/%s]') % (item.type,
self.item ),
                           'imdb_search_or_cover_search') ]
... I got the menu item and it works, I have a list of matching movie
names to select from and when I do, I get some other exception :).   But
that's just me hacking. I wonder why don't I get the imdb action in the
first place ?

> You can test this by the imdb help module.

Imdb help ? I am not sure what you mean ... do you mean the command-line
activation of the plug-in like freevo imdb -s ...  ? Probably not .. :)