On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 2:40 AM, Duncan Webb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Han Hartgers wrote:
>> I am also  digging around in the pylcd.py file, but for an other reason
>>>From LCDd version 0.5 should all the text send to the daemon be in the
>> form of "ISO 8859-1" or Latin-1, and I believe that Freevo is sending
>> the text as Unicode. This goes terribly wrong if you have for instance
>> a Japanese title of a movie.
>
> I would be surprised if freevo was sending Unicode, if it is then it
> would work with Japanese. More likely, there may be a way to change the
> code page of the LCD display. I use the LCDd and it works fine, not seen
> a funny character for ages.

To be honest I do not know actually if it is an unicode to Latin-1
conversion problem.
I do get:

"drawtime=1.9
self.conn.write(widget_set tv prog_v 1 2 20 2 m 3 "?????????"+'
') failed
drawtime=2.0
drawtime=13.2
self.conn.write(widget_set tv prog_v 1 2 20 2 m 3 "??????????????"+'
') failed
drawtime=1.7
self.conn.write(widget_set tv prog_v 1 2 20 2 m 3 "????????"+'
') failed
drawtime=0.5
self.conn.write(widget_set tv prog_v 1 2 20 2 m 3 "??????????????"+'
') failed"

In my log files and on de console when I brows around in the TV-guide
with Japanese programs. In general I see the last valid text on the
LCD.
My interpretation of the "?" was something wrong with the encoding.
And I assume in pylcd.py.

It is maybe a freevo bug that the system has the tendency to freeze
after too many of the above messages.

Greetings,

Han