OS: Fedora Linux

I tried following

1)
Added following line in /etc/suders
-------
Cmnd_Alias POWER = /usr/bin/poweroff, /sbin/shutdown, /sbin/halt
sandip  ALL=(ALL)      NOPASSWD: POWER
------

2).
Modified .freevo/local_conf.py

with following
SHUTDOWN_CONFIRM   = 0
SYS_SHUTDOWN_ENABLE = 1
SYS_SHUTDOWN_CMD = "sudo poweroff"
SYS_RESTART_CMD = "sudo shutdown -r now"

3).
Start freevo as user "sandip"

4).
>From freevo GUI I shutdown the sytem. I get following error

sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo

Then I try removing sudo word from the command i.e.
SHUTDOWN_CONFIRM   = 0

SYS_SHUTDOWN_ENABLE = 1

SYS_SHUTDOWN_CMD = "poweroff"

SYS_RESTART_CMD = "shutdown -r now

I get following error. I tried shutdown too.

shutdown:you must be root to do that!
poweroff: must be superuser.

Beside this even though I did "SHUTDOWN_CONFIRM  = 0". I prompted for
conformation.

Thanks,
Sandip