Hi there. New to Freevo, just a quick question for those who may already use a
setup how I want to.

Basically I want to forgo any messing around with EPG stuff. I travel a lot. I
want to plug in to multiple paytv/freeview set-top boxen. I'll browse through
their EPG's and make my choices. I don't want to worry about xmltv or anything
at all. Simply functional manual recording/pausing of live tv, and perhaps with
the ability to schedule a record time/date. That and watching live tv
obviously. So basically a budget capture card with composite/s-vhs in, hooked
to a set-top box of any description.

Has anyone attempted a setup similar to this, or could give me advice as to the
steps i'd need to go through, or even just a word or two on whether it's
possible to disable epg or not. Basically it's a month down the line that i'll
even be starting the project, but advice/hints/criticisms/anything would be
gladly welcomed.

As an afterthought, some sort of positionable osd that pops up for scheduling a
recording would be best. That way I can have the epg of the set-top box still
open and i can set my record time without having to remember dates/times. But
that's not really a priority.

Anyway, thanks loads in advance to all whom dare offer advice.