So I just bought an Asus P5Q-E, whose sound chipset (ADI AD2000B)
doesn't properly work with ALSA, and (after having spent the last 2 days
compiling bleeding edge stuff) I can't get SPDIF output working.

In frustration, I decided to dust off my trusty SB Live! which I used
many years ago, which I know has working SPDIF.  And indeed, it works
great -- until I pause audio, and after resuming the sound becomes
choppy and unusable.

Figuring I might be able to solve the problem with a _new_ sound card, I
turned to my local computer shop, where I discovered that every one of
the Creative cards they sell save one is actually not supported by ALSA,
and the one that is doesn't do digital out anyway.  (I do so very much
love Linux sometimes.)

So I'm pleading to the freevo community for help.  Can someone please
(and my annoyance is to the degree where I'm tempted to add "for the
love of god") recommend a Linux-friendly motherboard that satisfies the
following:

     1. ATX or mATX
     2. Onboard Gig-E and SATA
     3. Supports 1333 MHz FSB and 45nm processors (Intel Q9550
        specifically)
     4. Supports DDR2 1200 RAM
     5. Overclocking friendly would be nice, but not a necessity
     6. Has onboard SPDIF, either optical or coaxial (I can swing either
        way, but prefer coaxial)
     7. SPDIF out actually works properly, and isn't quirky like my last
        Foxconn G9657MA motherboard (with Realtel audio) where resuming
        after a pause would cause a screech in the audio.

Price is not a concern.  If the perfect Linux motherboard with
functional, quirk-free audio costs me $500 I will pay it, because I'm
just that irritated.

Thanks!

Jason.