Duncan Webb wrote:

> Michel Hoogervorst wrote:
> >
> > So, in order to get an usb ir receiver that works with the event
> > interface my only option is to buy a receiver+remote bundle?
>
> No, you should get this working relatively easily. See:
> http://doc.freevo.org/LircDevInput
>
> The only problem is that sometimes the devices move about.

Not if you nail it down with an udev-rule:
/etc/udev/rules.d/010_own.rules:

KERNEL=="event*", SYSFS{name}=="AT Translated Set 2 keyboard",
SYMLINK+="input/remote", MODE="0666"

And in /etc/lirc/hardware.conf:
DRIVER="dev/input"
DEVICE="/dev/input/remote"

Yes, "AT Translated Set 2 keyboard" doesn't really look unique but
that's the only string that my FB-Receiver in my S100 gives back.
Nonetheless it works for me as the real keyboard that I sometimes
connect via USB has a different name.

Bye,
Manne