On Fri, 30 Jan 2009, Duncan Webb wrote:
> Elizabeth Dodd wrote:
> > Debian lenny base install with freevo from experimental
> > big enough computer to cope with the load
> >
> > 1. recordserver not starting on boot.
> > This is *odd* because the previous three efforts didn't have this
> > problem. /etc/default/freevo and /etc/freevo/debconf.sh both have
> > START_FREEVO_RECORDSERVER=1
> >
> > 2. recordserver not clearing the lock file at the end of recording
> > so it will record the next show but you can't watch tv in the interim
> > (each of my 4 recent installs have done exactly the same)
>
> Strange error, have you found a solution?
>
> One possibility is that there is an exception somewhere in the code and
> the os.remove(self.tv_lock_file) is being missed.
>
> You could add some prints before lines with self.tv_lock_file and see
> what is happening, there is only two places in the
> helpers/recordserver.py that access this file.
>
> Duncan

The recordserver is starting - i don't know why it failed
the lock file - well the graphic of the lock file persists permanently instead
of changing back to the tv with no lock.
i took it out of the idlebar so i didn't have to see it anymore

--
Imitation is the sincerest form of television.
                -- Fred Allen