Hi,

I would like to use the mailing lists to promote my talk at the FOSDEM
2009. It is loosely Freevo related and about what I think a personal
media network should be like. If you are at the FOSDEM next weekend, you
can find me in Room AW1.120 (the Jabber/XMPP DevRoom). My presentation
starts at 16:00.

In short: UPnP does not scale outside the home network. I want to
schedule recordings from the outside, include Flickr into my media
collection similar to local media and many other things. It should be an
open standard, different media center implementations and desktop
applications should be able to interact with each other.

I hope to find some supporters of my vision in the open source
community. I will implement it in Freevo 2.0, but it would be cool if
others would join me. If you are a coder at MythTV, XBMC, or any media
related Gnome or KDE project, I would love to discuss this with you. If
you aren't and know someone who is, forward this mail :)

Besides the media network, you can find me the whole Saturday in the
XMPP DevRoom or nearby for chats about Freevo and other stuff.

See you in Brussels,

Dischi

--
Don't trust reality. After all, it's only a collective hunch.