Dear all,

I tried to upgrade freevo from SVN but that did not work so well. (Can
happen; is the general idea of unstable versions.)  I had first a
working freevo 1.8.4 from SVN just after 1.8.3 was released and that
version worked very well. But I wanted more and upgrades to a newer
SVN version...

The symptoms:

First I got error messages in the log that a "module" has not the
propperty "connect"; but that came from Kaa. After installing the
latest SVN version of Kaa were those errors solved.

But still is freevo not starting properly.

"freevo webserver start" does not come back to the shell. It does
start the webserver process. This is the same as "Art S R" mentions in
his email of 4 March.

Starting Freevo from a terminal (with "freevo"); gives the start
screen, but does not go past the progress bar page.
going back to the terminal and pressing ctrl-C stops some process and
gives me the normal freevo menu screen.

I have in my .xsession at the end the line "exec freevo" and that does
start not freevo. I see only the basic screen of my window manager and
main-1001.log is not made.
Looks a bit as a similar problem as Joost Kop mentions in his email of
17 February.
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=499B1139.5070806%40freevo.org

I get the impression that spawning the different process/applications
is not working correctly anymore.

I am wondering what to do:
1. Should I check and debug my configuration more (Ubuntu 8.04 with
freevo run not as root) and give more feedback on what I have / find.
2. Or just wait a couple of days until the development is on a bit
more stable level.

What is your advice?

Greetings,

Han