Hi all,

I noticed that when I go to the Recorded shows page, the year
(date/timestamp) field is not displayed to the left of runtime for any of my
recordings in Freevo 1.8.3.  I verified the fxd files contained year info.
When I ran debug, I noticed that mediainfo.py was assigning userdate as the
year.  Checking svn, I saw that in revision 10905 of mediainfo.py, there's a
comment "Fixed missing year item, change to userdate in kaa.metadata" and
the following statements were added to def __getitem__(self, key):
        if key == 'year':
            key = 'userdate'
Even though the Freevo 1.8.3 version of mediainfo.py includes these
statements, year is not displayed.  However, when I commented out these two
statements, the year information is now displayed correctly when looking at
the descriptions of my recorded TV shows.  It seems the fix is what actually
is causing the problem with the year not displaying?  Or is this dependent
on the kaa.metadata version?  I'm using kaa.metadata-0.7.5 from sourceforge.

Art S R