On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Duncan Webb <dun...@freevo.org> wrote:
> Art S R wrote:
>> Hi Duncan,
>>
>> The one remaining problem is that, if I have consecutive recordings, the
>> second program's start time is delayed by 1 minute.  This occurs even
>> when using all the default settings ("sec=45" in recordserver.py and no
>> PRE/POST recording padding values in local_conf.py).  In the
>> recordserver log, it shows "overlap_duration=0", yet the second
>> recording doesn't start immediately even though the previous program has
>> already ended:
>
> Consecutive recordings are a bit of a problem but looking at the code
> the second recording should start after the first one has stopped.
> However the code must go through the blocks:
>
> - config.VCR_POST_REC
> - config.TV_RECORD_REMOVE_COMMERCIALS and
> - config.TV_REENCODE
>
> before starting the next recording, must admit that this is quite poor
> logic and the post processing should be performed in a thread so as not
> to block the event handler.
>
> If you are using these settings and they take longer that a minute to be
> performed then your next recording will be delayed by a minute.
>
> Duncan

Hi Duncan,

I'm not using any of these post-recording functions so, in theory, the
second recording should start immediately after the first has ended.
Can you think of anything else that might delay the second recording?
The delay is exactly 1 minute every time, so I'm inclined to think
it's something inherent in the code rather than due to the process
waiting for an external event to complete (e.g., post-recording
function).

Thanks for your help.

Art S R