Pirlouwi wrote:
> Hi,
> I need some help.
> I would like to change my TV_RECORD_DIR to make it pointing to the mount
> point of an usb stick, giving me the possibility to pull this usb stick
> out when I want to take the recordings with me on journey.
> Problem is that no file is created when I start a recording, though it
> was ok on an NFS mount point before.
> Is there something special to configure for usb sticks?
>
> PS: I have tried to start freevo with the stick already mounted, and
> this does not change anything.

I'm not sure that you are doing this the correct way. Recording to a USB
stick can be a bad idea as the transfer rate to the stick may not be
high enough or reliable.

Another way to do this is to use shoppingcart plug-in and move recorded
programs from the hard disk to the usb stick. Of course, it may help to
reencode the video to a different format first.

Duncan