Hi All,

I am really confused with how to pass options to mplayer for various media.

I have found I can pass option to live TV (live pause) with
"MPLAYER_ARGS_DEF = '-vf pp=ci,phase=u -fs' " and that
works fine, but those options don't seem to work while playing recorded
shows with mplayer .. i.e I am not getting
any de-interlacing happening while playing back recorded shows, but I am in
liveTV.

What's more confusing is the options like "MPLAYER_ARGS['vcd']     = '-cache
4096' " for different media, these don't
seem to work either. The other options like " MPLAYER_AUTOCROP = 0 " don't
work either.

And yes, mplayer is definitely the selected player (confirmed with "top")

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Bernie