> The dialog.x11_overlay_display replaces the default mplayer display to
> display a pretty pause and play icon instead of the text messages.

Ok, I understand. This should indeed be better looking... but without a
progress-bar when seeking, and some info about the selected subtitle when
pressing the subtitle-button this is pretty useless... especially when
playing a dvd with lots of subtitles it can be an anoyance when you're not
able to see which one you just selected...

By the way, with 1.8.3 I used to see nothing on screen when pressing
pause... now when I disable the dialog.x11_overlay_display plugin I suddenly
see Paused/Playing message on screen?

SYS_USE_KEYBOARD simply prevents the normal keyboard from sending events
> but if you have the EVENT_DEVS defined your keyboard will still work if
> it is listed.

I understand, but this problem is new in 1.9.0... I didn't have this problem
in 1.8.3 or before. I reverted back to 1.8.3 and everything is fine again.

Then I still have the other issue: I have to set geometry to 960x740 in
order to get the full 720x576 screen to be filled by Freevo. If I set it to
720x576 I see big black borders at the right and bottom of the screen.
Again, this issue is new in 1.9.0... :-(

Michel