On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 8:09 PM, John Molohan <john.molo...@gcd.ie> wrote:

> Bernard Mentink wrote:
> >

> > On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 4:31 AM, John Percival <john.perci...@mail.be
> > <mailto:john.perci...@mail.be>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hello,
> >
> >     I'm using Freevo 1.8.1, Ubuntu 9.04 and vlc  0.9.9a.
> >
> >     I' ve set 'VIDEO_PREFERED_PLAYER = 'vlc', the video plays fine and
> >     I can control it via the keyboard.
> >
> >     However, I cannot get the remote control to work (it works
> >     perfectly with mplayer and xine).
> >
> >     If I press the OK button I get: "no event mapping for key 'SELECT'
> >     in context 'video'". I cannot find a vlc equivalent for e.g.
> >     Event(VIDEO_SEND_XINE_CMD).
> >
> >     Is there some other configuration file I should be aware of to get
> >     remote control commands through to vlc?
> >
> >     Thanks.
> >

> > I get the same even on freevo 1.9.0
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Bernie
> Does VLC have a 'slave' mode that supports being passed commands? If not
> then that's the problem, if it does a quick look at the plugin code
> comparing it to the xine plugin will show whether the remote events are
> configured at all or not.
>
> John

Hi John,

It doesn't look like the plugin supports sending many events at all, all I
see in the code is support for the PAUSE/STOP key, and that is all that
works, there is nothing else supported.
It's a shame really, as of all the players, vlc gives me the nicest looking
TV picture.

I woudn't mind having a go at coding it up if someone can give me pointers
to where to look for help on the plugin format for TV. It looks like VLC
supports various input event methods, I need someone to help me with which
one to target ..

Thanks,
Bernie