Stephen Rowles wrote:
> All,
>
> As per my other email I've just upgraded to an LCD telly and needed a
> VGA cable to run from one end of the room where the media PC lives to
> the TV on the other. I wanted this nice and out of sight which meant a
> 7meter run.
>
> Decent 7meter VGA cables are quite expensive, but I found this on the web:
>
> http://myhometheater.homestead.com/vgacable.html

Replying to me own post, bad form I know... but I forgot to mention that
because the DDC signals are not connected X won't be able to detect your
monitor / TV and adjust properly. The best solution is to connect up
with a short real cable first, get the X settings and mode details from
X, then create your own modeline.

For example I am using the following for my 32inch Samsung - LE32B450

It requires a bit of tweaking as it isn't 100% correct yet (loses about
1cm off the left edge of the screen) but it is a good starting point:

ModeLine    "1360x768" 85.5 1360 1440 1552 1792 768 771 777 795 +hsync
+vsync