I use mplayer to stream TV under freevo and the video and audio are
often out of sync'.

When watching a news channel, the audio appears to be sometime as much
as 10-15 seconds ahead of the video.

There are times when the video appears to be played in slow motion, and
others on a random basis when the video looks as if it's doing a fast
forward, trying to catch up, so to speak.

This does not happen when I run mplayer directly from a shell.

Leads me to think that either the options passed to mplayer by freevo,
or freevo itself might be the culprit - rather than the server I am
streaming from, my internet connection, or internet traffic overload.

Or could it be that my 650MHz, 384M of RAM laptop is showing its age?

I do not have the hardware to do a side-by-side comparison, so I hope
the above description makes sense.

Has anyone seen this with Freevo 1.8.1 and found some way to address or
alleviate this issue?

Thanks,

CJ