On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 04:49:21AM EDT, Michel Hoogervorst wrote:
> On my system, Freevo indeed plays DVD's with Xine whenever available, even
> though I have set mplayer as my preferred player.
>
> I always fixed this simply by removing Xine the way you did... have you
> removed xine from /etc/freevo/freevo.conf as well?

Well, Michel.. it's about time... :-)

It's five in the morning and I just can't believe you have just fixed
this for me.

I had thought at least a couple of times I should check that file just
in case and never got down to it..

Why on earth freevo needs two different config files is beyond me :-)

I just deleted a line that said something like:

xine=/usr/bin/xine

Started freevo and the problem is gone...

And contrary to xine that I had never configured (didn't even know I had
it installed) the DVD plays absolutely fine.

Lars Von Trier's "The Element of Crime" - a movie I absolutely recommend.

Well all silly jokes aside, I am very grateful you took the trouble to
reply and I do wish you an excellent day.

CJ