Just like my car that wouldn't start until the tow truck arrived, then it would
start right up... my Freevo seems to have gotten over it's upgrade nausea and
is running back at 95%, all important parts going strong.

The only thing I did between then and now was upgrade my Linux distro... I
figured as long as the Freevo was broken, I wouldn't be doing any harm if it
got further broken by a distro upgrade. After the upgrade, I poked around and
the recordserver seemed to work. Then it was time to get to bed.

So cancel emergency... recordserver is working, playback is good... just have
minor issues to sort like TV viewing, but we don't use the Freevo to watch TV
normally, so that's not a real priority.

See you guys around, I'm sure. ^_^

James