Try changing input type from 1 to Tuner. Also, check the config version number
of your local_conf.py. For Freevo 1.90 it should be version 5.27.

Phil

----- Original Message ---
From: oliver <oli...@schinagl.nl>
To: freevo-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Fri, October 9, 2009 7:38:09 PM
Subject: [Freevo-users] IVTV, can't get it to work for the life of me.

Hi,

I'm a quite happy freevo user for years. I think it's great and works
quite well. I can't wait for freevo 2 to be out.

For about 9 months I have had a PVR 150 IVTV based card in this box and
never used it. Starting mplayer on the card and useing v4l2-ctl to set
the frequencies worked like a charm though, so I know the card is in order.

I however cannot get this thing to work in freevo. I wouldn't even need
any of the fancy recording stuff, simply watching TV would be perfect
just to get started.Timeshifting after and maybe scheduled recordings
someday .., but just watching plain tv I can't even manage to work out.

First off, I am using http://home.tiscali.nl/~lteunissen/tv_grab_nl_C/
to generate an XMLtv file which looks more or less like this:
<!DOCTYPE tv SYSTEM "xmltv.dtd">

<tv generator-info-name="tv_grab_nl_C 0.02.15"
generator-info-url="http://home.tiscali.nl/~lteunissen/tv_grab_nl_C";>
<channel id="1.tvgids.nl">
  <display-name lang="nl">Nederland 1</display-name>
  <icon src="http://www.lyngsat-logo.com/hires/nn/nederland1.png"; />
</channel>
/* Cut some channels*/
<programme start="20091010070000 +0200" stop="20091010110000 +0200"
channel="7.tvgids.nl">
   <title lang="nl">Breakfast</title>
   <desc lang="nl">Met om 7.25, 7.55 en daarna elk half uur regionaal
nieuws.
   </desc>
   <category>Informatief</category>
   <video>
      <aspect>16:9</aspect>
   </video>
</programme>
/* cut some programme's */
</tv>

this format I belive is the normal XML format for xmltv. However, when
going inside freevo into Watch TV -> TV Guide, freevo spits out the
following error. "TV Guide is Corrupt". Which I doubt, but ok.

The console gives me the following error.
Freevo 1.9.0 ready

Couldn't load the TV Guide, got an exception!

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/freevo/tv/epg_xmltv.py", line
119, in get_guide
    cached_guide = load_guide(XMLTV_FILE)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/freevo/tv/epg_xmltv.py", line
174, in load_guide
    (id, displayname, tunerid) = data[:3]
ValueError: need more than 2 values to unpack

The relevant section in my local_conf.py are:

plugin.remove('tv.generic_record')
plugin_record = plugin.activate('tv.ivtv_record')
#plugin.activate('tv.ivtv_basic_tv')
(yeah I tried with the basic tv plugin, nothing really).

TV_SETTINGS = 'pal television europe-west /dev/video0'

TV_DRIVER = 'v4l2'
TV_DEVICE = '/dev/video0'
TV_INPUT = 0

TV_VIDEO_GROUPS = [
    VideoGroup(vdev='/dev/video0',
               adev=None,
               input_type='1',
               input_num=0,
               tuner_norm='pal',
               tuner_chanlist='europe-west',
               group_type = 'ivtv',
               desc='PVR-150 Video Group'),
]

TV_CHANNELS = [
                ('1.tvgids.nl',   'Nederland 1',  'ned1')
]

TV_FREQUENCY_TABLE = {
        'ned1'          :       21600,
}

Even freevo tv_grab gives that error, whereas with the -q I get a nice
list of channels for local_freevo.conf

I'm stuck and lost. The radio feature of the ivtv bit works also within
the plugin fine.

Any thoughts/pointers appreciated!

Oliver