Stephen Rowles wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm still in the rather slow process of moving my working freevo install
> over to a new machine. However I am trying to do a backend / frontend
> split and want to run the record server on my server box, while my
> freevo front end simply talks to it.
>
> I have set the following sent on my "client" box that is plugged into
> the TV:
>
> RECORDSERVER_IP = '192.168.1.100'
> RECORDSERVER_PORT = 18001
>
> And the record server is running with freevo on my server box, and I
> know it is running as TV recorded last night ;)
>
> I've opened a hole in the firewall (for all traffic from the front end
> box) but I get the following exception when I enter the TV menus. No
> recordings show and I cannot view the favorites etc.
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File
> "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/freevo/skins/main/info_area.py", line
> 100, in update_content
>      self.sellist = self.eval_expressions(self.list)
>    File
> "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/freevo/skins/main/info_area.py", line
> 271, in eval_expressions
>      exp = eval(exp, {'attr': item.getattr}, function_calls)
>    File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/freevo/util/misc.py", line
> 413, in comingup
>      (status, schedule) = RecordClient().getScheduledRecordingsNow()
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/freevo/tv/record_client.py",
> line 235, in getScheduledRecordingsNow
>      result = inprogress.get_result()
> AttributeError: 'InProgress' object has no attribute 'get_result'
>
> Is there some settings I've missed?
>
> Cheers.

To follow up, it appears to be working, but the InProgress method keeps
failing which messes up the display. I can schedule recordings and they
appear on the list but there are several errors and I keep getting the
crash box poping up.

I've double checked and it definitely the same version 1.8.3 on each
box. But the new machine in the lounge is running with python2.6 where
as the back end is running with 2.5. Would that make any difference?