On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 01:44:10AM EST, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Nov 2009, Chris Jones wrote:

[..]

> > I'm really only using this debian system for evaluation purposes and
> > to report bugs while there's time to fix them rather than have them
> > hit me when squeeze goes stable.
> >
> > Thanks,

> yes this box, which was my media server, had freevo 1.8.x installed
> from debian it now has 1.9.0 installed after an apt upgrade and it
> starts and stops immediately ( as described) so the problem with the
> package could be that the kaa modules are not forcibly upgraded.

It's getting late over here, but I'll check the debian bug tracking
system tomorrow and if I can't find anything, I guess I'll have to send
in a bug report.

Unless you'd rather do that yourself, since you probably know a lot more
about kaa than I do.. Might make it sound more convincing :-)

Just goes to show that it's probably a good idea to simulate an upgrade
six months into the life of the current stable release and report bugs
when the maintainers still have the time to fix them.

Thanks,

CJ