On 11/10/2009 09:01 AM, "Michael Müller" wrote:
> Ok, I try to figure it out:
>
> 1. Scenario:
> Kde: Mplayer from konsole without special audio arguments (freevo is not
> running):
>
>       1. Play AC3 passthrough; works.
>       2. Play PCM; works.
>       3. Play AC3 passthrough; works.
>       4. Play PCM; work.
>
> Ok, from konsole it works, but this is what I want what freevo shoud do!
> If I try in freevo:
>
> 2. Scenario:
> Freevo: Started in kde
>      1: Play PCM; works
>      2: Play AC3; works
>      3. Play PCM; Doesen't work (movie stared without sound)
>      4.  Play AC3; works
>      5. Play PCM; Doesen't work (movie stared without sound)
>      and so on ..
>

> If I stop freevo(without restarting linux or even kde), I can initiate
> Scenario 1&  2 again.
>
> Why must freevo (stoped)restarted that the PCM sound works again.
>
> Many thanks,
> Michael

Something worth trying:

When you run freevo, don't run full screen and in another konsole window
run:

ps -efww

Look for the mplayer line when playing PCM and copy this to a file.
Do the same again for playing AC3.

Now try on a konsole using those exact same lines to play the content,
see if you get the same sound not playing problems. This would once and
for all eliminate a strange set of mplayer commands causing problems :)