Anders Eriksson wrote:
> I'm currently writing a script to write fxd files for all of
> http://svtplay.se/
>  . The site exposes the media in wmv and flash formats and I wonder how I can
> best tell freevo to stream the media.
>
> For whatever reasn mplayer dislikes the wmv files (starts looping), so I'm
> looking at using the flash. That in turn requires someting like
>
> rtmpdump -o - -r $URI | mplayer -
>
> Any ideas how I can fixup the fxd and/or local_conf.py to do this? My reading
> of local_conf.py suggests that player selection is based on file name
> extension, and this a URI (without flv "extension").

Interesting idea. I'd be very interested to hear your results, and at
the same time I thought I should mention a related idea that could be
helpful.

There's a guy who has made a script that allows you to "mount" the shows
from <URL:http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv> as a filesystem, where each show
is made available as an ASX playlist.
<URL:http://blog.knuthaugen.no/2009/09/a-screenscraping-filesystem-for-accessing-media-archive.html>

I've been trying to use this to get access to the NRK shows, but so far
I have failed for some reason or other... :)

--
Morten Lied Johansen