On 11/23/2009 11:23 AM, Adam Charrett wrote:
> At a guess, your HDDs don't have enough bandwidth to record 2 streams to
> disk and playback 1 all at the same time. The reason for the macro blocks
> and audio pops is the data isn't being fed fast enough to the decoders
> (xine/mplayer).
>
> I see you've mention your CPU, RAM, motherboad and cards, but you've
> forgotten the major limiting factor your HDD!
>
> I solution, if you have 2 HDDs, is to record onto 1 and livepause onto the
> other and see if that makes a difference.
>
> The more expensive option is to buy a consumer grade HDD (Seagate DB35
> type) which have better streaming performance and larger temperature
> ranges.
>
> Which reminds me have you checked the temperature of your HDD? When I've
> experienced problems like this in the past it has been because the HDD was
> v hot (and gotten some bad sectors as a result).
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Ada
Is it possible to do a pure memory buffer with the new livepause
plug-in? Now I have a machine with plenty of free ram (unlike last time
I tried using it) and no real requirements to buffer more than 1gig with
live pause (in fact for SD streaming, 500meg or less would do me just
fine).

Can I configure live pause just to use an in memory buffer instead or
going to disk?

If not that would be a useful feature for the future.