dun...@freevo.org said:
> Sorry about this, I didn't realise that mounting photos read-only would  not
> work correctly any more.

> Will you tell me exactly what you are doing with the photos, ideally so  I
> can test the problem as you use Freevo. So what I need to know is how  do you
> mount the photos, from a stick, cd, etc. How do you view them  from the "View
> Images" or from the Web page.

Alright. It's not that I _mount_ them ro, I just like to have the entire album
tree ro. Ie, no write access to the files, nor the directories in which they
live. The thumbmail generation craps out since it cannot create the thumbnails
in the same tree. The intent is tweofold; 1) Increased security against sw
errors, 2) to have the album tree as a 'master' tree and all viewers (freevo
and other things browsing the free) keep their bookkeeping data elsewhere so
as not to fsck up each others view/parsing of the tree (.e.g not browse down a
thunbmail directory)

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2942787&group_id=46652&atid=446895