On Fri, March 26, 2010 12:34 am, Dan Schmidt wrote:
> Well, it seems to work sometimes when you set your primary player to
> Mplayer. It's easy to tell what player you are running - volume
> doesn't work in xine, for instance.

I've not had problems with volume on Xine or Mplayer - until I upgrade to
ubuntu 9.10 and it started using PulseAudio - no sound, well very very
very very quiet sound, purged PulseAudio and it worked as it had before.

> vlc doesn't seem to work at all.  It plays the video, but lirc seems
> broken.  Perhaps when I get my freevo box working better, I will have
> more time to fill out bug reports.  (And add to the wiki - promise
> I'll
> get to that someday)<br>

The video.VLC plugin needs a lot or work, I didn't think it would even
play files off a disk!

Cheers

Adam