2010/8/19 Paul <strifek...@users.sourceforge.net>

> Is it possible to run fxd command files from within the standard menu
> structure? I have quite a few running from the main menu now (internet,
> karaoke, the cheese photo application) and I wanted to clean it up by
> inserting some within the menu items (ie: karaoke within music, the cheese
> app within photos), there's not a whole lot of documentation on fxd files
> and I've been fiddling with them for a while with no success, is this
> possible at all?

Yes!.

I've added a Spotify entry within the Music main menu. First I've written
this fxd file:

spotify.fxd:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<freevo>
    <command title="Spotify">
        <cmd>wine "C:\Archivos de programa\Spotify\spotify.exe"</cmd>
        <stoposd />
    </command>
</freevo>

And then, I've added the fxd file to the AUDIO_ITEMS section in
local_conf.py:

AUDIO_ITEMS = [
('Infantil', '/datos/musica/infantil'),
('Pop', '/datos/musica/pop'),
('Otras', '/datos/musica/otras'),
'/opt/config/freevo/fxd/spotify.fxd',
]

I also have a Picasa entry in the Photo menu, though, instead of adding the
fxd file to the IMAGES section in local_conf.py, I've included it in my
image directory:

picasa.fxd:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<freevo>
    <command title="Editar fotos en Picasa">
<cmd>/opt/config/freevo/fxd/picasa.cmd</cmd>
<nostdout />
    </command>
</freevo>

picasa.cmd:

#!/bin/sh
picasa &
true

local_conf.py:

IMAGE_ITEMS = [ ('Ver Fotos', '/datos/Escritorio/fotos'),
# '/opt/config/freevo/fxd/picasa.fxd',
]

In /datos/Escritorio/fotos I have a directory named "fotos" and the fxd file
picasa.fxd. As you can see, I previously added the fxd file directly to the
IMAGE_ITEMS section, though now I've commented out the entry. Nevertheless,
both approachs work flawlessly for me.