On Tue, 31 Aug 2010, Paul wrote:
> I've been using Freevo on Ubuntu Karmic Koala for about 6 months but always
> with the intention of trying something else at some point. The main reason
> is the audio performance, I seem to be one of the many users suffering from
> Ubuntu's implementation of Pulseaudio, and looking at the Ubuntu forums it
> seems this problem is still present in Lucid Lynx. With my hard drive
> recently failing it seems a good time to try something else, I was looking
> at Debian but am open to suggestions, what have your experiences been?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul
Mine is running on antiX a derivative of Mepis a derivative of Debian
Gives an xfce gui which is helpful when setting up although rarely used now.

On my netbooks I have been using an alpha of Crunchbang which is now built on
Debian sources. Completely stable despite being alpha 1.

--
Don't hate yourself in the morning -- sleep till noon.