Hi.

I tried installing 1.8.2 but I couldn't. I think it needs python2.4 but I
have 2.5 (debian stable). Going back to 2.4 breaks a lot of stuff, so I
tried freevo-svn (and kaa-svn) again. I'm not worried about memo usage as
described in the thread you linked. But I think I've figured what the exact
problem is.
I can go forward and backward well. I can play with the zoom (0-9). I can
rotate images, use OSD. Everything with lots of big files. Great.
But I can't exit. If I press ESC or S, then things are broken. I can still
see the current image but I can't change it. Funny, I can still rotate it.
My guess? The image plugin doesn't give back the control to freevo and they
are fighting over the input. Freevo doesn't use 0-9 so images rotate. Next
minute, freevo updates the clock and I can see it. Same for free space.
That's why I see the upper bar.

Ah, I just got this after ESC (no dump) and after D (this dump):

ATENCIÓN: Caught exception while processing OSD element!Traceback (most
recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/skins/osd/skin.py", line
129, in render
    obj.render(self.image, value_dict)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/skins/osd/skin.py", line
498, in render
    image.blend(self.image,src_pos=(im_x,im_y), src_size=(w,h),
dst_pos=(x,y))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/kaa/imlib2/image.py", line 844, in
blend
    self._image.blend(src._image, src_pos, src_size, (x, y), dst_size,
int(alpha), merge_alpha)
NameError: global name 'x' is not defined

ATENCIÓN: Caught exception while processing OSD element!Traceback (most
recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/skins/osd/skin.py", line
129, in render
    obj.render(self.image, value_dict)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/skins/osd/skin.py", line
179, in render
    self.halign, self.valign)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/skins/osd/skin.py", line
316, in __drawstring
    current_ellipses, ' ')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/skins/osd/skin.py", line
244, in __calc_line
    last_char_size = self.__get_string_width(font, string[:c+1])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/skins/osd/skin.py", line
182, in __get_string_width
    w,h,ha,va = font.get_text_size(string)
ValueError: need more than 3 values to unpack

[...]

app=<image.viewer.ImageViewer instance at 0x922320c> context='image'

Well, I think this is quite a nasty bug, and with freevo-1 going to the
final stage of development... should I move this to freevo-devel? What must
I do?

thanks all
Alberto

2010/11/10 Francisco Eduardo Álvarez Solano <franciscoe.alva...@gmail.com>

> 2010/11/10 Alberto Hernando <pajaro...@gmail.com>
>
> 1.8.2?
>>
>> It sounds like you researched a lot more than me. I'll install this
>> version. Are you sure it's freevo's fault and not python's, kaa's or some
>> other thing?
>>

>  I don't know for sure, but during this time, I've tried several Ubuntu
> releases and the error persisted in all Freevo versions from 1.8.3, so I
> think it isn't at least related to python.
>
> Nevertheless, this is an old thread discussing the subject. Duncan Webb
> included a patch for Freevo 1.8.3, but I've never tried it. On the other
> hand, I dont't know if any of the ideas of this thread has been adopted in
> later versions of Freevo.
>

> http://www.mail-archive.com/freevo-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg18605.html
>

>> Alberto
>>
>> 2010/11/9 Francisco Eduardo Álvarez Solano <franciscoe.alva...@gmail.com>
>>
>> Yes. Indeed I've gone back to Freevo 1.8.2 because it's the last version
>>> that behaves well with images, no matter their size.

>> --
>> duende a rayas

duende a rayas