Hi all,

I have purchased a couple of Disney DVD's recently, because my Son loves
them (Cars, Toy Story). However there are problems with them.

It seems that they have figured out how to break libdvdread which
results in it chewing 100% of ram and then dieing. It seems that this is
due to the DVD being scanned rather than just played.

If I put the DVD in my laptop and play it with Kaffeine I can play it
just fine because it plays the DVD. In fact on my media centre it plays
just fine if I launch Xine manually with the xine dvd:// style of
execution. So to watch them we have to break the laptop out and watch on
that.

Is there any way to stop Freevo scanning / mounting the DVD's when they
are inserted? And instead just launch the dvd when I select play from
the Video menu? It's a real killer atm as the DVD's that are used most
often can be played, and the same errors stop be ripping them to play
from the network.

If it was just me I would boycot the DVD's but you can't explain to a 3
year old that he can't watch his favourite DVD due to copy protection
issues ;).

Cheers,

Steve.