On 08/03/2011 03:21, Jim Duda wrote:
> On 03/07/2011 11:23 AM, Adam Charrett wrote:
>
>>> lroom>   mminfo /dev/dvd
>>> /dev/dvd
>>>
> Okay, I'm with you so far.  This specific DVD used to work with earlier
> versions of freevo.  This DVD can be read properly with lsdvd, and, I
> can play the DVD fine with xine outside of freevo.  I have checked other
> DVDs which worked with 1.9.0 and all return CD, data, using mminfo.
>
> So, I suspect there might be something different about kaa in how it
> is reading the discs with some recent changes?  Is this possible?
You are missing something, or were missing something when you build
kaa.metadata. I've come across this before did you have the
libdvdread-devel & dvdcss packages installed when you built and
installed kaa? I think if you go back and check the log output from
setup.py when you installed kaa.metadata you'll find that it didn't
build the DVD reading stuff.

Try running:

minfo -d 2 /dev/dvd

Which will produce more debug output and should show if you don't have
the appropriate DVD reading libraries configured.